- Seattle Mariners Weekly RecapPosted 7 hours ago
- Super sub Valencia rescues 10 men Timbers with late equalizer to steal point.Posted 3 days ago
- 11-time Olympic Medalist and Reality TV Star Ryan Lochte Is Coming to VancouverPosted 5 days ago
- #WhitecapsFC vs. Montreal ImpactPosted 6 days ago
- #BCHL : AUSTIN PLEVY TO RETURN NEXT SEASONPosted 8 days ago
- #BCHL : Bryan, and McNicholas off to Vernon VipersPosted 12 days ago
- #WHL : Vancouver Giants Acquire Joel HamiltonPosted 13 days ago
- #BCHL : Acquire Coquitlam’s Leading ScorerPosted 13 days ago
- #WHITECAPS FC U-23 CONFIRM 2013 PDL ROSTERPosted 13 days ago
- Seattle Mariners Weekly RecapPosted 15 days ago
#BCHL : Smokies’ Leading Scorer Commits To NCAA
- Updated: November 19, 2012
Baltus joined the Smoke Eaters from the junior “B” Oceanside Generals (VIJHL) at the start of the 2011-12 season. He has scored 30 goals and 59 points in 94 career BCHL games with Trail, Alberni Valley and Nanaimo. In 25 games this season, the 20 year-old has set a new career high with 16 goals, and currently sits in a tie for 6th in the BCHL in scoring with 28 points. He set a new personal single-game best with four points (1 goal, 3 assists) in Trail’s 8-7 overtime victory over the Prince George Spruce Kings on November 16th.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to see Brent commit to his college future,” stated Smoke Eaters head coach/general manager Bill Birks. “He has been the best player on the ice for our team on many occasions since coming to Trail, and this commitment is a testament to the hard work he puts in on and off the ice every day.”
Baltus is the second Smoke Eater to commit to an NCAA Division I school this season. 17 year-old forward, and linemate Scott Davidson secured his college future with Quinnipiac University in September.
Baltus and the Smoke Eaters visit the Penticton Vees Wednesday, November 21st. Trail returns to the Cominco Arena for a matchup with the Salmon Arm Silverbacks Friday, November 23rd at 7:30 pm.